Asset Submission Steps (Metadata/Album Art/Lyrics)
How to Validate and Submit Asset Files (Metadata/Album Art/Lyrics)
>For any questions or issues, please contact the metadata team through these steps.
- Go to: https://libraryportal.apmmusic.com/
- Login with your username (email address) and password
- The "History Log" will be your initial landing page
- Click tab "Submission" to open the page to upload your asset files
- Upload asset files (metadata/album art/lyrics) by:
a.) dragging and dropping files into the browser window or
b.) clicking "Select files to upload" in the upper left-hand corner and choosing files from your local directory.
Note: If your metadata, lyric, or cover art file volume exceeds 100 files, please create a single zip containing all files for upload. For more information, see article.
- Once Uploaded, file format validation completes automatically, click between tabs "Metadata", "Album Art", and "Lyrics" to see feedback. Only valid files will be summarized in the File/Album/Track Count in the right-hand corner.
- To access error reports, you have the option to:
a.) click on the arrow to the left of the failed file name to expand error messages in the browser window,
b.) click the "Download Exceptions" button to download a CSV report to your local drive, and/or
c.) click the "Email Exceptions" button to have a CSV sent to your email address.
Note: Metadata, Album Art, and Lyrics exceptions report CSVs are generated separately, you must be on the appropriate tab to access that report. Exceptions reports via email max out at 10,000 lines to keep attachment size down, to view a full report over 10,000 lines you must use the download option. For more information, see article.
- Correct any file errors and re-upload until every file in the the Metadata/Album Art/Lyrics tabs shows a Status = "Pass".
Note: Click the "Delete" button to remove failed files from the list.
- Submit valid files to APM by clicking "Submit to APM", at which point you will get a summary of your submission contents, then click the green "Submit" button to finalize.
Note: The green "Submit" button will only be active if all Metadata/Album Art/Lyrics files loaded Pass validation.
- Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming the submission and a unique submission ID will populate in the "History Log" for the asset(s) in question.